Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quake Shake

This just has to go down in blog history.  We were shook up today.  By an Earthquake in VA.  Largest one on the East Coast since 1944 and the only one I recall.  It struck at 1:51 pm eastern time and was  5.8 magnitude on the ricter, epicenter 5 miles from Mineral, VA (not far from Richmond.  And we felt it in Mathews, Newport News, Hampton and up and down the East Coast my friends.

So where was I.  Callie and I were sitting outside of Hudgins Post Office where we had just done our Postal business and chatted with the Postmaster.  We were now reading the mail.  The car was a-rumbling-a-round and I kind of thought the engine was doing silly things.  Until the Postmaster comes running out...then I knew something more had happened..so there we have it.  An Earthquake. 

Cell phone reception was down for a while as I tried to make calls to everybody...and everyone was ok.  Glad to have Cal with me safe and sound!  Wow!  And to boot.. Hurricane Irene is on it's way...I'm telling her to head out to Sea!

UPDATES magnitude; Map locates the epicenter of an earthquake in Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment