Friday, May 20, 2011

Chessie Layne

It was not my intention to leave you hangin'.. but there's been a BIG event and a big sickness (well, a stomach bug but BLECK).  On to the big event..  I witnessed the birth of my second niece, Chessie Layne, on May 12 - born to Cassie and Shawn.  Leaving home at 2 a.m. to travel to Roanoke for the scheduled induction WAS all it was cracked up to be - an exciting day ahead.  All went smoothly, and Chessie came face-up at 4:15 p.m., weighing 7.13.8 lbs with a head full of dark hair.  She was just perfect.  I am so thankful to have been present for such a joyous event.  I know this little girl, like the other cousins that precede her, is going to bring so much happiness and 'new' life to our family.

Chessie Layne on Day Two

I got to spend five days with her before the bug sent me packing.  It was rough on Cal and I and we hated to leave.  Now the countdown is on.  Just 8 more days till I see Chessie again! 

Congratulations Cassie and Shawn on your beautiful daughter!  You have lots of love to give her. xoxo, from her Aunt DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Congrats to ALL of her loving family - that's one lucky baby girl to be born into so much love!

    ReplyDelete